How to update D-link firmware
In this post, we will discuss how to update the D-link firmware version of your wifi router. In order to protect your wireless network from network breaches and unauthenticated users, manufacturers release updated versions of firmware. To ensure your device is up to date, you will need to regularly check for the latest firmware version available for your model of router. To check the availability of the latest firmware version, go to the official D-Link router website and enter your model serial number when asked. So without any further ado, let’s discuss the D-Link firmware update.
D-Link Firmware Download – D-Link Firmware Update
Before starting with the D-Link firmware download instructions, you need to know what is a firmware. A firmware is a program inside your router that has a specified set of instructions. The firmware of your router defines its functionality and features. In order to ensure the optimum performance and functionality of your D-Link wireless router, you need to update the firmware version of your router regularly. For D-Link firmware update instructions, look below;
- Log into your D-Link router and navigate to Administrative settings.
- On the Admin page, you will see D-Link Firmware Update tab. Click the tab and you will be redirected to the D-Link firmware update window.
- One the D-Link firmware update window, click Update and let your router download the latest firmware version.
- In case you want to perform the D-Link firmware download process manually, download the latest firmware from the D-Link official website and upload it to your router’s web interface.
- You can update the firmware of your router by either manual process or automatic process.
In case you are unable to update the D-Link firmware version of your device, make sure you contact us or chat with us. To chat with us, you can navigate to the Live Chat window on our website. We hope this article helped you to learn how to update D-Link firmware versions.