How to reset D-link router
To learn how to reset D-Link router in simple and easy steps, follow the instructions given below. There are two different ways through which you can reset the D-Link router.
1. Soft Reset
To soft reset your D-Link wireless router, follow the steps given below;
- First of all, open a web browser and enter the default web address routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com into the address bar. In case you are unable to log in to your router using the default IP address 192.168.1.1
- Once you reach dlinkrouter.local login page, you will be prompted to provide the login credentials of your wireless router.
- Provide the credentials and go to Settings. After this, go to Administration settings.
- Now click Backup Settings and click Erase.
- This will get your router to default factory settings. The process may take a few minutes.
2. Hard Reset
- To hard reset your device, look for the reset button on the backside of your D-Link router.
- Take a paperclip and press the button. Make sure you hold the reset button for a few seconds.
- When you see LED lights flashing on your router, release the button and let your router get back to factory default settings.
Dlink router wont reset
Your Dlink router wont reset if you are not following the instructions carefully. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully and check for possible issues. You can try any of the above mentioned ways to reset D-Link wifi router. If you still see your D-Link router wont reset, call us on our toll-free number.