D-Link AC1200 Router Setup
In this section, we have discussed the Install D-Link AC1200 Setup. The D-Link AC1200 router setup process is one of the easiest tasks. Even new users can perform the D-Link DIR AC 1200 setup. In order to make you understand the D-Link AC1200 router setup in the best way, we have mentioned the whole process in two different phases. Both phases have been discussed below:
D-Link AC1200 Router Setup – Physical setup
- Take the router out of the box and place it near your existing modem.
- Attach all four antennas to the D-Link wireless router in the optimized angle.
- Now you need to connect the D-Link wireless router to the modem and computer. To connect it to the modem, plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the wireless router and another end into the internet modem.
- Take another Ethernet cable and connect the router to the computer. You need to establish a wired connection if your computer doesn’t have a wireless adapter. In case your computer has an in-built wireless adapter, you don’t need an Ethernet cable.
- Attach the power adapter to the D-Link router and plug it into the power socket.
- Now that your hardware connection is established, you need to proceed with the Install D-Link router setup.
D-Link AC1200 Setup – GUI Configuration
- Go to your computer and log into your D-Link WiFi router. In case you don’t know about the D-Link router login process, look above.
- Once you log into your D-Link WiFi router, you will reach on the D-Link router homepage. On the homepage, look for the D-Link AC1200 setup tab.
- Click on the D-Link AC1200 setup tab and you will be taken to the D-Link setup wizard.
- Click Start on the D-Link setup wizard and establish the internet connection on your wireless router. For this, you need to configure your router with the modem. Make sure you know ISP details.
- After this, proceed with the D-Link wireless configuration process. Assign your wireless network an SSID and network key to ensure the safety of your wireless network.
- After you are done with the installation process, click Finish to end the D-Link setup wizard.
- Now your wireless router will attempt to reboot in order to make changes take effect on it.
- Once your router restarts, connect your mobile or computer to the wireless network and check whether the internet connection is active or not. In case your D-Link wireless router won’t connect to internet, follow the instructions given below.
D-Link wireless router won’t connect to internet
Don’t worry if your D-Link wireless router won’t connect to internet because the issue is not permanent in nature. Follow the instructions given below:
- If your D-Link wireless router won’t connect to internet, please ensure that the modem is working fine.
- If the modem is working fine, please check the Ethernet cable connection between your router and modem. Make sure the connection is not loose.
- Restart your wireless router and check whether the internet connection is active or not. If the D-Link wireless router won’t connect to the internet, go for the router reset.
- Press and hold the reset button which is at the back of your router.
- Hold for about 10 seconds. Once all the LEDs on your router start blinking, release the button.
- Wait for a few minutes while your D-Link wireless router gets back to factory default settings.
- Now, reconfigure the D-Link wireless router by following D-Link AC1200 router setup steps.
In case you see any issue while attempting to configure the D-Link device, you can feel free to contact us or chat with us.